The Cheeseburger Diet’s Gourmet Bacon Blue Burgers!
"Feeling blue? well these delicious gourmet bacon blue cheeseburgers will lift your spirits!"
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 4 tablespoons mayo
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup real bacon crumbles
- ½ cup diced Vidalia onion
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Thick sliced bacon
- Vidalia onion, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Whole grain / high fiber hamburger buns
- Cook the bacon until it is crisp. Remove to a plate.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place ground sirloin, mayo, blue cheese crumbles, bacon crumbles, diced Vidalia onion, pepper and salt into a large bowl and combine. Form into large patties.
- Oil the grill rack and grill the burgers about 6-8 minutes per side or to your liking. Top the burgers with Cheddar cheese and cook until the cheese begins to melt.
- Assemble the burgers: Spread mayo on the bottom half of each bun and sprinkle blue cheese crumbles onto the mayo next add a slice of onion and tomato. Place the burger on top and then add thick sliced bacon to the mix. Spread a bit more mayo on the top half of the bun and once again cover the mayo with blue cheese crumbles! Now carefully place it on top!
- A simple garnish for these would be a side of olives on each plate. Of course a blue cheese salad never goes wrong here either!